Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday night in blantyre

It is alot different Sunday night in Blantyre than Namitembo. I had my relaxing spa, beer, and listening this time to the mosies. They just wont leave me alone. Its the ph of ones blood, it your blood is sweet they go for you. Maybe its all the chocs I eat! I have had Malaria 3 times in 28 years so I cant complain. I dont take malarai medicine because I had to build up an immunity. However, if you are visiting Malawi it is impertative that one takes their preventive medicine for the mosies. Crazinesssssss not tooooooooooooo. I do take preventive measures, I have my house sprayed and use insect repellent every day. So beware Malaria kills. strangely not animals, mores the pity too many cats about! Sorry cat lovers, although I do like lions one of the big cats of africa, now that is what I call a cat!

2 comments:

  1. Luckily the ones that are biting you on your khonde are not the anopheles ones. I have never killed a mosquito again since I learned that the malaria causing ones (that carry p.falciparum) are indoor biting in the middle of the night and the angle of repose (the angle they are on the wall is about 135degrees instead of 180. Not sure of the exact degrees (maths was never my strong point)but it's certainly not flat against the wall. You will catch me going up to a mosquito and checking out its angle. If it's not got its bottom stuck in the air I leave it alone to carry on with evolution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back at Namitembo, the number of crying children is dwindling. We only had one persistent child crying "Amayi, amayi." His devoted big sister fell asleep on the floor today, leaving him to his own devices.

    Sarah's office has a fine big desk and two comfy chairs today. She established a "sick bay" and had one customer.

    The Mangoes have gone way beyond our expectations with their conversational English. A few can now say how old they are, where they live and their own names, in English. Father Frank will come to bless the nursery soon.

    We are very close to having running water!!!!!

    Things are good. We are looking forward to tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete